Last Update: March 1, 2022
Additional information about Waldorf Live’s Data Privacy and Data Security practices, including Waldorf Live’s commitments with regard to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), can be found at the bottom of this page.
Your privacy is critically important to us. At Waldorf Live, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on your website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
- We help protect you from overreaching government demands for your personal information.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
- Our Privacy Statement describes how Waldorf Live uses your content, which is your communications with others; postings submitted by you to Waldorf Live via the Services; and the files, photos, documents, digital works and videos that you upload, store, broadcast or share through the Services (“Your Content“). Where processing is based on consent and to the extent permitted by law, by agreeing to these Terms, you consent to Waldorf Live’s collection, use and disclosure of Your Content and Data as described in the Privacy Statement. In some cases, we will provide separate notice and request your consent as referenced in the Privacy Statement.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
Howdy! We are the folks behind a variety of products and services designed to allow anyone — from bloggers, to photographers, small business owners, and enterprises — to take full advantage of the power and promise of the open web. Our mission is to democratize publishing and commerce so that anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone can turn their great idea into a livelihood. We believe in powering the open internet with code that is open source and are proud to say that the vast majority of our work is available under the General Public License (“GPL”). Unlike most other services, because our GPL code is public, you can actually download and take a look at that code to see how it works.
- Your Content. Many of our Services allow you to store or share Your Content or receive material from others. We don’t claim ownership of Your Content. Your Content remains Your Content and you are responsible for it.
- When you share Your Content with other people, you understand that they may be able to, on a worldwide basis, use, save, record, reproduce, broadcast, transmit, share and display Your Content for the purpose that you made Your Content available on the Services without compensating you. If you do not want others to have that ability, do not use the Services to share Your Content. You represent and warrant that for the duration of these Terms, you have (and will have) all the rights necessary for Your Content that is uploaded, stored, or shared on or through the Services and that the collection, use, and retention of Your Content will not violate any law or rights of others. Waldorf Live cannot be held responsible for Your Content or the material others upload, store or share using the Services.
- To the extent necessary to provide the Services to you and others, to protect you and the Services, and to improve Waldorf Live products and services, you grant to Waldorf Live a worldwide and royalty-free intellectual property license to use Your Content, for example, to make copies of, retain, transmit, reformat, display, and distribute via communication tools Your Content on the Services. If you publish Your Content in areas of the Service where it is available broadly online without restrictions, Your Content may appear in demonstrations or materials that promote the Service. Some of the Services are supported by advertising. Controls for how Waldorf Live personalizes advertising are available at (https://go.WaldorfLive.com/adverstise). We do not use what you say in email, chat, video calls or voice mail, or your documents, photos or other personal files, to target advertising to you. Our advertising policies are covered in detail in the Privacy Statement.
- Public profile information: If you have an account with us, we collect the information that you provide for your public profile. For example, if you have a WordPress.com account, your username is part of that public profile, along with any other information you put into your public profile, like a photo or an “About Me” description. Your public profile information is just that — public — so please keep that in mind when deciding what information, you would like to include.
- Payment and contact information: If you buy something from us or earn revenue through your site, we’ll collect information to process those payments and contact you. If you buy something from us — a pro subscription to your business, Ad placement plan, you’ll provide additional personal and payment information like your name, credit card information, and contact information. We also keep a record of the purchases you’ve made
Other than the specific instances outlined in this policy, Waldorf Live, does not collect personal information about users or how they use the site. Our website may set “cookies” for the purpose of collecting aggregate statistics, such as the total number of visitors to our website. We do not store any personally identifiable information in cookies. If you choose, you can opt out by turning off cookies in your browser.
We use Google Analytics to identify key data points such as top content and traffic sources to help us improve the user experience. Our Google Analytics account does not grant us access to your personally identifiable information. You can opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics by downloading and installing Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser, by visiting: http://www.tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Information Gathering, Processing and Usage
In connection with operation of the Web Sites and providing our services to you, we may collect the following types of user information (“Information”):
Log information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, including the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services — for example, when you create or make changes to your website on WordPress.com.
Usage information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that site administrators and users perform on a site using our WordPress.com or Jetpack services — in other words, who did what and when (e.g., [WordPress.com username] deleted “[title of post]” at [time/date]). Our WooCommerce Usage Tracker also tracks information like your email address, WooCommerce settings, and PHP settings, along with information about your online store, like the aggregate number of orders and customers. We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views, support document searches at en.support.wordpress.com, features enabled for your website, interactions with our Admin Bar and other parts of our Services) along with information about your device (e.g., screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, get insights on how people use our Services so we can make our Services better, and understand and make predictions about user retention.
Location information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps (like when you post a photograph with location information) if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
Stored information: We may access information stored on your mobile device via our mobile apps. We access this stored information through your device operating system’s permissions. For example, if you give us permission to access the photographs on your mobile device’s camera roll, our Services may access the photos stored on your device when you upload a really amazing photograph of the sunrise to your profile on our website.
Interactions with other users’ sites: We collect some information about your interactions with other users’ sites while you are logged in to your account with us, such as your “Likes” and the fact that you commented on a particular post, so that we can, for example, recommend posts we think may interest you.
Code of Conduct
- Code of Conduct.
- By agreeing to these Terms, you’re agreeing that, when using the Services, you will follow these rules:
- i. Don’t do anything illegal.
- ii. Don’t engage in any activity that exploits, harms, or threatens to harm children.
- iii. Don’t send spam or engage in phishing. Spam is unwanted or unsolicited bulk email, postings, contact requests, SMS (text messages), instant messages, or similar electronic communications. Phishing is sending emails or other electronic communications to fraudulently or unlawfully induce recipients to reveal personal or sensitive information, such as passwords, dates of birth, Social Security numbers, passport numbers, credit card information, financial information, or other sensitive information, or to gain access to accounts or records, exfiltration of documents or other sensitive information, payment and/or financial benefit.
- iv. Don’t publicly display or use the Services to share inappropriate content or material (involving, for example, nudity, bestiality, pornography, offensive language, graphic violence, or criminal activity).
- v. Don’t engage in activity that is fraudulent, false or misleading (e.g., asking for money under false pretenses, impersonating someone else, manipulating the Services to increase play count, or affect rankings, ratings, or comments).
- vi. Don’t circumvent any restrictions on access to or availability of the Services.
- vii. Don’t engage in activity that is harmful to you, the Services or others (e.g., transmitting viruses, stalking, posting terrorist or violent extremist content, communicating hate speech, or advocating violence against others).
- viii. Don’t infringe upon the rights of others (e.g., unauthorized sharing of copyrighted music or other copyrighted material, resale or other distribution of Bing maps, or photographs).
- ix. Don’t engage in activity that violates the privacy of others.
- x. Don’t help others break these rules.
- Enforcement. If you violate these Terms, we may stop providing Services to you or we may close your Waldorf Live account. We may also block delivery of a communication (like email, file sharing or instant message) to or from the Services in an effort to enforce these Terms or we may remove or refuse to publish Your Content for any reason. When investigating alleged violations of these Terms, Waldorf Live reserves the right to review Your Content in order to resolve the issue. However, we cannot monitor the entire Services and make no attempt to do so.
Mailchimp, a third-party service provider of Waldorf Live LLC., provides a separate online form to join our mailing list. The information we collect includes: name and email address. This information is securely stored in a secure cloud platform and accessed only when we correspond with our mailing list periodically during the year, either via e-mail or regular mail.
Please contact us directly by email or regular mail if at any time you wish to be removed from the mailing list or if you would like to correct or change the personal information you have previously provided.
Changes to This Policy
Report a Vulnerability
If you believe you have found a security vulnerability on Waldorf Live, please let us know right away. We will investigate all reports and do our best to quickly fix valid issues.
You can submit your report here and our security team will respond as soon as possible.
Questions and How to Contact Us